- Write short and sweet posts: Blogging is not about writing lengthy blog posts, it is all about writing informative content. It is a common thing that people will get impressed only by interesting things! To impress a lot of visitors, you need to write short and sweet posts that are written in an impressing writing style.
- Create series of articles: This technique will work if you have many things to talk about a single topic. Posting articles in series will make the user eager to read the upcoming posts. Fortunately these criteria will make the user stay on your blog. For example, if you are talking about web designing basics, you may start your first post by entitling "web designing basics part1" and so forth.
- Write about present: Writing about present things or current market will give you more visitors. Suppose that a new version of Nokia smart phone is about to release. People will be wandering over the web to find more details or news about that product. So we can assure that writing on that upcoming smart phone will give you more visitors.
- Inform your audience: It is necessary to inform your audience that you are going to post useful posts at weekend. It will make the reader stay updated about the changes of your blog. You may do this by posting status updates through social media profiles. If you announce that you are posting 3 posts in a week, it will make them aware of your timing. Also it will be helpful for them to check your blog in right time.
- Send weekly updates: It seems to be a promising trick for most bloggers. To do this task, you need to have a list of email ids of your readers. Once you have a list, send weekly emails to them informing about blog's updates and you can entitle it as "Featured posts of this week". Once a user reads your email, he or she will have a look on all titles. If he finds a topic of his interest, he will click the link to read that post.
- Mention upcoming posts in foot note: Some bloggers use this technique to make users stay on the blog. This is not a most recommended method. But it is worth mentioning here. The technique goes as follows. While posting an article, give some extra foot note about your upcoming post. It can clearly inform your readers about your next post. If the topic seems good, they will definitely check the blog in time.
- Conserve your content: There is no rule which urge you to post all of your articles, tutorials in one week. If you believe that timing brings blog's success, you can preserve your content to post timely as 3 posts per week. It will reduce your effort and your readers will be able to read all of your posts of a week.
About the author: Claudia is a blogger by profession. She loves writing on luxury and technology. These days she is busy in writing an article on weekend getaways at sea.