- Exact Match Links are still effective - They should still be used but try to approach this cautiously in relation to the number of links you build. Perhaps every 3 links could be an exact match anchor text link.
- Use Long-tail - This is key to varying your link profile and is actually more effective for driving traffic in some cases. Long-tail phrases just help to spread the linking text out and give variation so that it doesn't look manipulative to Google. For instance, If the target word was SEO Leicester, you could vary it and use seo services leicester.
- Generic phrases or URL links - This can sound as if you are ditching your key-phrase list but again this helps to spread out the linking across your profile. The relevance of a phrase which isn't necessarily being pushed within your campaign but has everything to do with the service or product you are promoting, can really help to diversify your backlinks.
- A URL link can also really help traffic and although they are considered the lowest form of linking from an SEO point of view, it is actually helping to push your brand which is essentially what your online marketing is meant to achieve.
- For detecting whether you have any harmful or excessive anchor text links you can perform a backlink check through the site explorer tools from SEO Moz or any other backlink checking tool. If you have too many in relation to other varied links such as long-tail or URL links, or even alternative key-phrases then you need to focus on the ones you may have a chance to edit.
- For the most part if you have been able to get a link from someone through a personal outreach email or conversation then you may be able to request a slight wording change. However, if you have a bulk of links from directories and other low quality sources, don't expect to be able to fix those. Next time around, exclude this type of links from your campaign altogether!
New to Search Engine Optimization? Top 10 SEO Tips for Newbies which will guide your website as well as your blog to get ranking better in Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Promote your website as well as blog and have more Traffic to your website.