- Sign-up with LinkedIn and create a sociable profile. Rather than giving importance to your roles and responsibilities, focus on optimizing your profile by explaining more about your accomplishments and offerings to customers.
- Highlight the positive testimonials that your business has received and also ask your friends and colleagues for trusted endorsements and recommendations.
- Add applications to your profile that help you to distinguish your profile from the millions of similar profiles. If you are a blogger, you can add applications such as WordPress and BlogLink that automatically post your latest blogs to your profile.
- Enable social media options such as Twitter that allow you to follow your LinkedIn connections and also follow people who use LinkedIn on Twitter.
- Build and join groups that will help you expand your professional network. Overtime, this can become a valuable destination to share and exchange information. You can join groups that are related to your business and expertise. Use the advanced search option to enhance your search.
- Ask questions that will educate you on your expertise. Ask questions within your professional network so that you can get solutions for the different issues that clouds your business. This will also register your footprint in your network.
- You can initiate group discussions and also be a part of discussions initiated by other groups.
- Search for your competitors' businesses and get to know about all their advancements and activities. There is a new feature called Follow Company that allows you to get to know about its recent developments.
New to Search Engine Optimization? Top 10 SEO Tips for Newbies which will guide your website as well as your blog to get ranking better in Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Promote your website as well as blog and have more Traffic to your website.